2009 - Present
Vice President Products, 12/14 - Present, Director of User Experience, 7/09 - 12/14 / Kalkomey Enterprises, Inc.
· Spearheaded a comprehensive mobile/responsive design initiative across the company’s e-learning course products lines.
*Result: 98% growth YoY in students taking and paying for online courses via a mobile device
· Championed and led effort to replace legacy and outdated e-learning delivery platform with a reimagined, robust, flexible, easy to use content management system. *
Result: Impactful efficiency gains and cost savings—Development of new courses reduced from months to days; publication of content edits/updates reduced from days to minutes.
· Introduced a culture of ongoing user testing including an annual, 2-day, lab-based user testing study of the online course product that constantly exposed areas to improve upon, e.g, Reduced the number of customer account registration fields from 10 to 3 to create an easier user path, resulting in a 3% increase in registration conversions.
· Implemented Agile Scrum across the company; led 3, cross-functional, 7-member Scrum squads; prioritized and maintained a unified product backlog. *Result: 60% increase in team velocity; release cycles improved from every 12 weeks to every 3 weeks.
· Leveraged outsourcing resources to deliver and e-book product line and online bookstore for over 200+ titles in the company’s publishing catalog.
· Recruited, grew, and mentored a 7-member, professional user experience team where none had previously existed.